Wednesday 22 April 2015

MGMP Bahasa Inggris Kelas VII

PEMERINTAH KOTA KEDIRI

DINAS PENDIDIKAN
  MGMP  MAPEL  BAHASA INGGRIS   KOTA KEDIRI

 


ULANGAN SEMESTER 2
MAPEL BAHASA INGGRIS
KLASS VII/ 2011 – 2012

I.      Choose the best answer by crossing a, b, c or d!
     
       Text for no 1 – 3
         ( 1 )  First, wash some rice in cold water put the rice with some water in a pot.
         ( 2 )  Cooking rice
( 3 )  After that, put the rice to the simmer and steam it for about 45 minutes. Now   therice is ready to be serve.
(4 )  well, to cook rice you will need some rice and water. Now, let me tell you steps of cooking rice. Then boil and cook it slowly for about 20 minutes, after 20 minutes see there is no more water now.

1.   The best arrangement to be a good procedure text is..........
a.    1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5                                                    c.  2 – 4 – 1 – 5 – 3
b.    4 – 2 – 1 – 3 – 5                                                    d.  4 – 2 – 1 – 5 – 3

2.    What is the goal of the text above?
a.    How to serve rice                                                  c.  How to cooking
b.    How to cook rice                                                   d.  How to make food

3.   How long the rice is redy to be serve?
a.    45 minutes                                                                        c.  50 minutes
b.    20 minutes                                                                        d.  65 minutes

4. 
Dear Josephine,
         In this occasion I want to congratulate on your success to be accepted in one of favorite schools in our town.
                                                                 Love
                                                                Robert
    
      From the text above we know that ………….
a.    Robert was accepted in the favorite school
b.    Josephine was accepted in the favorite school
c.    Josephine and Robert lived in the different town
d.    Josephine is Robert`s sister

5.   Vina           :   I can`t join for doing English assignment at 03.00 pm.
      Bagas        :   ………Do you mean you won`t come to do our assignment this afternoon?
      Vina           :   No, I just can`t come on time because I must accompany my younger brother first,    until my mom back home at 04.00 p.m
a.     What abaut that?                                                 c.  Are you sure?
b.     What can I do?                                                    d.  What is that? 
6.  
Pro :  Ivan
Congrats! You deserve lt. You`re really the winner.
We were proud of you.
                                                       Justin and friends

       What is the purpose of the text?
a.   To invite someone                                               c.  To find information
b.   To give information                                              d.  To congratulate someone





Text no7 - 9
The text is for question 7-9
        My bedroom is very colorful. Everything is a different color. The walls are blue and my carpet is yellow. My bed is in the middle of the room and it’s green but the pillow are grey. Next to my bed on the left is a big red wardrobe and on the right is a small brown table. On the table there are my two purple glasses. My lampshade is also purple. My favorite piece of furniture in my room is the arm chair. It’s orange and very old, but comfortable. My desk is blue, it’s not a big desk, just medium-sized. There is a very small pink chair in my room for my younger sister. Above my bed is a picture of the moon and stars, it’s black and white. I think my roo’s great, don’t you?
          
7.  What color is the bed room?
     a. It is one color
     b. It is colorful
     c. It is the same color
     d. It is purple

8.  It`s orange and very old, but comfortable.
    The underlined word has simillar meaning with…….
     a. Dirty
     b. Large
     c. Pleasure
     d. Funny

9.  What’s the favorite thing based on the text?
    a. blue
    b. grey
    c. red
    d. orange

10.  Mother      : …………………………. It’s too heavy.
      Chelsea     : Of course Mom.
      The correct sentence is ………………….
a.    Do you like it?
b.    Can you help me?
c.    Do you bring it?
d.    Do you want to accompany me?

11. Ardi      : Can you Accompany me to the library?
      Arya     : Okay. I can
      The underline sentence is the expression ………………….
a.    Asking for help
b.    Giving for help
c.    Asking opinion
d.    Giving opinion

12.  Andi      : Do you know Mr. Parman?
      Anton    : Yes, what’s the matter?
      Andi      : What do you think of him?
      Anton    : well. I think he is a rich farmer
                             
      From the dialogue above, where is the statement which guides the expression giving opinion?
a.    Do you know Mr. Parman?
b.    Yes, what’s the matter?
c.    What do you think of him
d.    Well. I think he is a rich farmer

13.  Andi      : We will get test tomorrow, ………………………… ?
       Anton    : I think it’s opportunity to be success.
     
      The correct sentence is …………………….
a.    What do you think about it?
b.    What do you mean?
c.    What do you do?
d.    What do you feel?





 14. Ina      : What do you like to do in your holiday ?
       Eni      : ………………………….   

         The correct sentence is ……………………
a.    I like fishing
b.    I don’t know
c.    I don’t like watching TV
d.    Yes, I do

15. From the dialogue above, where is the statement which guides the expression giving opinion?
e.    Do you know Mr. Parman?
f.     Yes, what’s the matter?
g.    What do you think of him
h.    Well. I think he is a rich farmer

   The question number 16-18
    ES TELLER (Ice Fruit Cocktail with Condensed Milk)

            Ingredients
·      150 gr sugar
·          2 pandan leaves
·        50 ml water
·      400 gr ripe avocado cut into 1 cm cube
·      400 gr ripe jackfruit deseeded and cut into 1 cm cube
·          3 young coconut flesh, scrapped out
·      Crushed ice
·      Condensed milk
Steps
1.   Combine sugar, pandan leaves and water in a small saucepan
2.   Heat for a few minute until sugar dissolve
3.   Cool syrup
4.   Place generous spoonful of cube avocado, jackfruit and young coconut into a serving bowl
5.   Add a little syrup to sweeten
6.   Top with crushed ice and drizzle on a condensed milk
7.   Serve immediately

16. How much water do we need if we want to make “es teller” ?
a.   20 ml
b.   50 ml
c.   150 ml
d.   400 ml

17. What should we do to dissolve sugar immediately?
a.   Heat it for a minute
b.   Crush it in a small saucepan
c.   Combine sugar and water
d.   Stir it completely

18. Serve immediately (Last step)
The underlined word is similar meaning to .......
a.   Lately
b.   Sharply
c.   Gradually
d.   Directly

19. Ida        : I can’t join our study club this evening.
      Agnes   : ………………………….Do you mean you want to quit from our club?
        Ida      : No, I just can’t join it tonight because my uncle invites me to have dinner in his house.
a.    What do you mean?
b.    What about that?
c.    What can I do?
d.   What is that?






20. Father  : It’s windy here. ...........please?
Dona   : Sure, Dad.
a.   Can you open the window?                         C.  Can you go outside?   
b.   Can you close the door?                               D. Can you turn on the fan?

Question number 21-23

How to Plant Sunflower Seeds

Materials
·       Sunflower seeds
·       A pot
·       Dirt
·       Water
Steps
1.   Put some dirt in the pot
2.   Dig 3 holes with your finger one inch in the dirt
3.   Put 3 seeds in each hole
4.   Cover the seed with the dirt
5.   Put the pot in a place with enough sunshine
6.   Water the seeds every two days. Don’t give to much water.

21. How many material do we need to plant Sunflower seeds?
a.   One
b.   Two
c.   Three
d.   Four

22.  What do we use to cover the seed ? We should use it  by………..
a.    Water
b.    Dirt
c.    Sunflower seed
d.    Hole

23. What do we use to make hole ?
a.   Finger
b.   Water
c.   Axe
d.    Spatula

24. Ivan     : I don’t have any pencils. ......... please?
      Reihan  :  Sure. Here you are
a.   Get me the pencil please!
b.   What is this?
c.   May I borrow yours?
d.   Is this your pencil?

Text for no. 25 – 26
Two books                                          Two pencil
A pack of crayons                              A  pencil case
A ruler                                               An eraser
Three sharpener
           Five red pen
25. How many eraser does the writer want to buy?
a.    One
b.    Two
c.    Three
d.    Four

26. What store must the writer go to get the things?
a.    Florist
b.    The butchers
c.    Stationers
d.    Fish monger




My school
My school is SMP 4. It is on Sutomo street. It is a big new building and it has a lot of rooms. Twenty four rooms for science and language laboratories another is for the teacher s my school has toiles, one is for the headmaster, two are for the teachers and the rest are for seven hundred and twenty students.
The lesson begins at 07.00 and finishes at 13.30. the students are very active and diligent. I am in class VII A and my classroom is in front of the library. During the break time I play with my friends in the school yard. We have fifty teachers and three of them are English teachers. English is my favorite lesson.

27. It is a big new building………..( Prg. 1)
     It refers to……
a.    My laboratory                                                  c. The street
b.    The room                                                         d.  My school

28. The writer class room is …………………..
a.    Near the head master
b.    Behind the head master
c.    In front of the library
d.    In front of the science laboratory

29. The purpose of the text above is to……………………..
a.    Describe about the writer’s school
b.    Tell about the writer’s teacher
c.    Mention about the rooms in the writer school
  1. Report about the lesson in the writer’s school
  
30.   A : Do you like ice cream?
        B : Yes, I do    
       A : What fruit do you like?
        B :  ………………..
a.    I like soup very much
b.    I like apple and orange
c.     like pizza
d.    Yes I do I like fruit

Text for no 31 – 33
-          4 large tomatoes                                          -  ½ teaspoon salt
-          1 small onion                                                -  ¼ teaspoon pepper
-          8 cups water                                                            -  ¼ teaspoon butter
-          Small clove garlic
-          Species

 Fry tomatoes, onion and garlic in a pan with butter for five minutes. Add water, spices, salt and pepper. Heat until the water boils.
 Turn down the heat and cover the lid. Cook for one hour.

31.   After frying the ingredients in a pan what is the next step?
a.    Turn down the head
b.    Heat until the water boils
c.    Add water, spices, salt, and pepper
d.    Cook for one hour
32.   What is the goal of the text above?
a.    How to cook tomato soup
b.    How to make chicken soup
c.    How to cook fried rice
d.    How to make meatball soup

33.   How long do you make it?
a.    an hour                                                               c.  a half hour
b.    two hour                                                             d.  sixty five minutes








Text for no. 34 – 36
My Pet
My have a pet. It is a cat and I call it Kittie.
Kittie is a Persian breed. It is small, cute, and fluffy. It has black and white fur. Kittie is very spoiled. It always sleeps on my lap when I cuddle it. Kittie really likes fish, steamed rice, bread, and milk. Kittie can also get along well with other animals around the house, like Brownie – the dog and Sandy – my beloved monkey. Kittie is really a sweet cat I have ever had.

34. What animal that is not a pet?
a.   Rabbit
b.   Cat
c.   Whale
d.   Dog
35. Kittie is not …………
a.   Small
b.   Cute
c.   Spoiled
d.   Wild

36. What is the purpose of the text above?
a.    Share experience
b.    Describe a specific animal
c.    Entertain the readers
d.    Retell pas event
   
37. Dian  : Your brother is very handsome.
                How old is he
     Mely   : He is ........ old
a.   30 ages
b.   15 years
c.   20 year
d.   8 age

38. Mother  : ................. classrooms are there in your school, Dita?
     Dita       : There are twenty two clsssroms, Mom
a.    How far
b.    How many
c.    How much
d.    How long

39. Andi : Lets go to the library.
     Heru : Its closed
     Andi : Is that true?
  Heru : .................. Agus told me so.

a. Yes, It is.
b. Yes, I am
c.  I’m OK
   d.  I know
 
40. Ani   : Is my explanation clear?
     Ana  : ............... I understand what you mean.
a.    You are right
b.    No, I don’t
c.    Yeah
d.    I don’t

41.  To     : All class VII students
From : Principal

Please choose one of the extracuriculer : swimming, painting, or singging.
Report to your class teacher the activity you choose.







Who writes the announcement?
a.    The headmaster
b.    The teacher
c.    The students
  1. The parents     

42. How many activities offering by the principal?
a.    Once
b.    One
c.    Three
d.    Third        

43. Attention
All student must join the class after  the second break time at Multimedia room

Principle
Nathalie

      What kind of  the text is it?
a.    A  letter
b.    A label
c.    Post card
  1. An announcement

44.  What is the text tell about?
a.    The class meeting in a school
b.    The winner of the class meeting
c.    An invitation to join a class meeting
d.    The plant of having a class meeting

45. When the students  do it?
a.      After the second lesson
b.      Before the second break time
c.      After the second break time
d.      Before the second lesson

II.      Answer these Question below completely!

46.     Robby   : Do you think it is going to rain?
          Bobby   : ………………. Look at clouds!

47.  Make an announcement about your School English Speech Contest for all class!

48. Complete the sentences with the right quantifiers!
  1. There is a………….of chocolate in the box.
  2. I put a ……….. …..of jam in the refrigerator.
  3. I drink a ……………..of water after breakfast
  4. She has a ……………of fried rice for lunch

49.  Make a paragraph about describe of  your bed room! ( Min 2 paragraph)

50.  Rearrange to be a good Procedure Text!

                        HOW TO IRON
            1.  Prepare the place and the clothes
            2.  Move the iron on the clothes
            3.  Set the temperature
            4.  Plug the iron on it



             -------------------------------------GOOD LUCK---------------------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment